Do you need to get rapid results from people collaborating across multiple locations? This class covers managing remote relationships and frameworks for successfully managing projects across large distances. Issues created by the geographic distance between team members can be overcome, and in fact, the potential of a distance team to accomplish amazing feats far outweighs any logistical liabilities.
- Are your virtual working groups disjointed and uncooperative?
- Are virtual subcultures making communication difficult?
- Is accountability at a distance a problem?
If you work with a virtual group, chances are you’ve experienced one or more of these challenges. Become an effective distance manager with this 5-hour TeleClass, led by Jessica Hartung, CEO of Integrated Work Strategies and learn to build trust, cultivate a shared purpose and create a group culture among people you rarely see.
Thanks so much for the class! I found it to be well-organized, soundly conceived, and well facilitated. This was a wonderfully informative, practical class, that helped add to my awareness and “toolkit” as a facilitator and provided many rich resources that can be applied in a variety of contexts. — Harry Webne-Behrman, Training Officer, Office of Human Resource Development, University of Wisconsin–
Project development teams scattered around the country or around the globe can take advantage of the best scientific minds, technical skills and subject matter experts…if they can manage the remote relationships effectively. This course will build remote management competencies by providing a framework for success and applying it to real-life examples.
In this training you will learn to…
- Build group cohesion, avoiding the “us and them” trap.
- Establish communication protocols that work for different organizational cultures.
- Obtain organizational support and resources by creating the connections to larger operational goals.
- Include group members’ individual goals to create a shared purpose that increases commitment.
- Build a common language for setting goals and project milestones.
- Clarify roles, responsibilities, and relationships for increased accountability.
- Collaborate and learn from a community of your peers, all passionate about building and managing virtual teams.
Module 1: A Virtual Team Orientation
- Virtual team definitions
- Learning the most from this teleclass
- Basic recommendations for distributed teams
- Leadership and management shifts required for virtual work
Module 2: Establishing shared purpose
- Why is a shared purpose important?
- How to build shared purpose effectively
- Leverage the strength of your shared purpose
Module 3: Building Trust Swiftly
- Trust and fear in the virtual workplace
- Techniques to build trust between co-workers
- Anticipate and avoid “Trust-busters”
Module 4: Promoting Outstanding Communication
- A closer look at listening
- The role of conversations in workplace communication
- Management communication considerations
- Communication practicalities: time changes, methods, and options
- Developing your team’s communication protocol
Module 5: Designing Appropriate Work Processes
- Tracking work and projects
- Reporting status and progress
- Resolving issues before they become a crisis
- Receiving and processing information
- Consciously Creating Group Culture
- Stages of group development applied to virtual teams
- Results, Recognition and Renewal
- Evaluating success and learning from experience
Your Training Includes…
1. MP3 Audio of the 5-hour course
2. Workbook to reference and to anchor your learning and facilitate commitment to action.
3. Free Articles and Resources
- Leading Distributed Teams
- Communicating is Not Optional
- Virtual Teams – Introduction and Beginning Strategy
- Virtual Teams Index page and A Virtual Team Toolkit, from the Free Management Library
- Trust, from A Virtual Team Toolkit
Jessica Hartung, CEO of Integrated Work Strategies, has spent more than fifteen years focusing on the relationship between individuals and their work – how business goals can be more successfully achieved while people enjoy the process. She holds a Master of Science in Management from Regis University, a BA in Sociology from the University of Michigan, and is a Certified Professional Behavioral Analyst (CPBA). Jessica is a member of the International Coaches Federation and is included in the National Register’s Who’s Who in Executives and Professionals. She is active in the Boulder, CO business community, providing volunteer services to assist high school students learning leadership skills in conjunction with the Chamber of Commerce. Please subscribe to Fulfilling Work to receive free monthly professional development tools and thoughtful coaching in your inbox.
About the satisfaction guarantee
If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with this training, simply email us with a request to refund/credit your credit card in the full amount and we will do so immediately. It’s our policy to do this and we honor this in every single case.
FacilitatorU.com Membership Option. Become a Premium member of FacilitatorU and register for this teleclass at half price in addition to a host of other items and benefits. An exceptional value. Click here for details.