In this class we explore practical ways to effectively intervene on individual and group behaviors to realign, refocus, challenge, or protect group process. This course will serve anyone who plays a facilitative or leadership role in groups.
What to Expect From This Course
1. Get a great grounding in the theory and practice of intervention skills.
2. Learn simple models that will help you decide when and when not to Intervene, how deep to Intervene, and how to Intervene gracefully.
3. Learn to appreciate and use surprises by getting comfortable dealing with the “unexpected” in your groups.
4. Gain reinforcement for the facilitative work you’re already doing and learn some language and theory to back it up.
5. Get a chance to practice making interventions in a supportive environment of your peers.
Module 1: Introduction to Intervention
- What is an Intervention?
- The five key “types” of Interventions
- The three core values of Intervention
- The three basic skills required by a facilitator to effectively Intervene.
- 12 Characteristics of Functional Groups.
Module 2: A Model for Diagnosis and Intervention
- 6-step model for diagnosis and intervention.
- Designing Your Invitation to Intervene
- How Deep Should I Intervene?
- Basic vs. Developmental Intervention
Module 3: Guidelines and Strategies for Intervention I
- Imposing Structure
- Timing Your Interventions
- Intensity of Interventions
- Intervene on Whom?
- Using Your Intuition
- Confusion is OK
- Is Something Missing?
- You are your Own Best Intervention
Module 4: Guidelines and Strategies for Intervention II
- When Not to Intervene
- Intervention Speak
- 6 keys to continuously building your capacity to Intervene Effectively
- Facilitator’s Intervention Checklist
- Intervention Laboratory
- Practicing Interventions
- Tame the Tormentors
- Hold It! Technique
- Case Study
Included with Your Training…
1. MP3 audio of the 5-hour course
2. 33-page Learning Guide, Intervene With Confidence to help you drill down deep and master the art of Intervention in any situation.
3. MP3 audio of a 50-minute TeleClass containing a lively discussion exploring the application of Intervention models and strategies to participant’s real-life problems.
4. Collection of five articles: Organizational Diagnosis Models and Methods.
Premium Members: Use Buy Button Below for 50% Discount
About the satisfaction guarantee
If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with this training, simply email us with a request to refund/credit your credit card in the full amount and we will do so immediately. It’s our policy to do this and we honor this in every single case.
FacilitatorU.com Membership Option. Become a Premium member of FacilitatorU and register for this teleclass at half price in addition to a host of other items and benefits. An exceptional value. Click here for details.