A Provocative Proposal for Unleashing the Power of What Works. Intentional change can based on the best of what is in order to pursue dreams and possibilities of what could be. This class explores the four dynamics of AI: Discovery, Dream, Design and Delivery as well as the: 8 assumptions, 6 core principles, 5 steps, and outcomes and opportunities.
This four-hour series on Appreciative Inquiry is a facilitation strategy for intentional change that identifies the best of “what is” in order to pursue dreams and possibilities of “what could be,” and address specific situations in which Appreciate Inquiry might be applied.
What You Can Expect From This Training
1. Get a great introduction to the concept and practice of Appreciative Inquiry to add to your toolbox as a facilitator, team leader, coach, or leader.
2. Learn to employ a change process inside organizations that works.
3. Learn how to come from a positive, “what works” perspective when working with individuals and groups.
- The Eight Assumptions of Appreciative Inquiry. Explore the nature of assumptions in an organization/group. We will define and discuss the base assumptions of AI, how they affect the change process and how we may have experienced them already in our facilitation practice.
- The Six Core Principles of Appreciative Inquiry. Understanding the DNA of Appreciative Inquiry gives us a foundation upon which we can build the infrastructure of a change process that works.
- The Five Steps to Appreciative Inquiry. From designing an appreciative question to creating a provocative proposal and manifesting a destiny, each step is crucial to the process of Appreciative Inquiry. We get to incorporate the “buzzwords” of the last decade, Innovation, Empowerment, Continuous Leaning, Partnership, and Making A Difference, into a process of change that is FUN! Imagine the possibilities!
- Outcomes and Opportunities. This session will be a celebration of learning about what worked and what didn’t work for class participants as they applied the concepts of AI in their practice with clients and organizations, as well as discussion on further opportunities for implementing and integrating Appreciative Inquiry.
Included with your Training
- MP3 Audio of this four-hour course
- Bibliography of leading works on AI
- Numerous web resources to support your work in this field
- Summary notes of each class session
Bert Stitt operates a home-based consultancy from Madison, Wisconsin. He provides facilitation services, public engagement consultation, and organizational development for community-building projects, coaching for non-governmental organizations, mediation and facilitation for governmental agencies, and strategic planning processes for associations, foundations, and small businesses. Appreciative Inquiry is a relatively recent tool that Bert is finding very useful as he reaches into the toolbox while helping to build the organizations he works with.
Patricia Clason has traveled across the continent doing speeches, workshops and media appearances as a professional speaker, trainer, consultant and writer, giving over 3,000 presentations for corporations, associations, government agencies and nonprofit organizations. Now the Director of the Center for Creative Learning which offers programs for personal and professional development and has written many articles, training programs and personal growth seminars and is a sought-after guest for radio and television. Patricia likes to focus on alternative methods of teaching and learning, addressing the psychological perspectives and principles behind the practical tools that she teaches. As a result, audiences are often entranced with her and excited about using these new ideas.
About the satisfaction guarantee
If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with this training, simply email us with a request to refund your credit card in the full amount and we will do so immediately. It’s our policy to do this and we honor this in every single case.
FacilitatorU.com Membership Option. Become a Premium member of FacilitatorU and register for this teleclass at half price in addition to a host of other items and benefits. An exceptional value. Click here for details.