Remove the fear and uncertainty of workshop design with this 5-hour teleclass series: The Secrets to Designing Dynamic Workshops from Scratch, led by Steve Davis and Marion Franklin.
This class will walk you through the building blocks of designing and delivering effective experiential workshops. It covers all the elements of workshop design using a simple, well-organized, and proven approach. Use this class to complete the design of your own workshop from the comfort of your own home or office.
Many thanks for a great experience. I received enough value before the first class to justify all of my costs – and it just kept getting better! I am now really looking forward to creating and delivering my upcoming workshop on retirement success — can’t honestly say that was true before the workshop.
— Doug Leland, Executive Coach & Retirement Specialist–
By the end of the course you will…
- Have learned how to chose a compelling topic for a workshop.
- Have a new tool-belt of exercises and coaching skills to help enhance learning.
- Have a simple formula for creating workshops in any topic area.
- Have completed the design of your own workshop, following Marion’s 7-step approach.
- Have more confidence in dealing with the unexpected?
- And much more..
I found this teleclass of enormous value, so much so that I actually looked forward to getting up at 3 am in the morning to attend! — Steven Farrugia, Business Development Manager, Boral Corporation, Austrailia–
- Introduction to Workshop Design and Framing Your Message
- Choosing a Great Topic, whether it’s chosen for you or not.
- Designing a Fresh, Memorable Title
- Developing an Overriding Message
- Design your own workshop week
- Being Prepared: 10 Critical Behind the Scenes Strategies
- Know Your Audience
- Resolve Introduction Issues
- Room Arrangements
- Presentation Equipment/Accessories
- Eliminate Gaps
- Managing the three stages of a workshop
- The Beginning
- Building Trust and Rapport
- Setting the Stage and Tone
- Clarifying Objectives and Ground rules
- The Middle
- Delivering the content
- Delivering your overriding message
- Delivering experiences
- Leaving them with inspired curiosity
- The End
- Reinforce learning and overriding message.
- Clarify additional resources
- Short promo about your services
- JIT Coaching
- Experiential Exercises and Just-In-Time Coaching.
- Creating Experiential Exercises
- Reflect on your experiences
- Read about and reflect on the topic
- Consult Exercise sources
- Gather supporting material
- Generalize Observations
- Delivering Experiential Exercises
- The Kolb Learning Cycle
- Adjusting to group specific needs
- Managing emotional elements
- JIT Coaching
- Observe, question, comment
- Icing on the Cake
- 7 Tips to polish your workshop
- Be yourself
- Marketing Tips
- Client relationship building
- Extended relationships with participants.
- Join Online Training Networks
- Manage your time wisely
- Handle difficult participants
- Individual Coaching and Q&A
What’s Included With This Training
1. MP3 of this 5-hour workshop design course.
2. The 7 Simple Secrets to Successful Workshops Ebook ($30 value)
3. MP 3 audio interview with instructional design expert, Marg Wall for yet another perspective on workshop design in this one-hour session,
You gave us such great tips on how to organize and run a workshop.
I now feel more confident and can’t wait to schedule my next workshop.
About Marion. Marion Franklin is a Master Certified Coach since 2006 and a Professional Certified Coach since 1998. Marion currently teaches her own unique ICF-approved coach training program, Laser Coach Your Way to Sustainable Success, emphasizing masterful coaching skills and permanent core behavioral changes. She created and facilitates an ongoing weekly Mentor Practicum, “Coach with Confidence,” one of the few supervision groups offering certification preparation/ICF CCEUs. Marion facilitates and helps clients design workshops and presentations. Her wisdom and insight are evident through her e-zine, Life’s Little Lessons, CoachCamps audios, and her company, LifeCoachingGroup. As a life coach, she works with clients experiencing conflict in relationships, and she coaches executives to hone their leadership qualities, enhance communication skills, and strengthen interpersonal relations. She is in demand for her laser approach and direct style of coaching. She has been interviewed on television for her coaching expertise, has been a featured presenter, and was cited in The Wall Street Journal.
What a great workshop! I’m looking forward to implementing what I gleaned from this workshop into my own workshops.
The class was packed! I loved it! It was so helpful and moved at a nice clip. I have created workshops for 10 years and this gave me some information that I had missed!! Well delivered and engaging. I learned a lot. It is definitely an art.
Excellent class. I am in the process of developing two different workshops and this class helped me get over a hump with both of them!
Here are what people are saying about Marion’s book, “7 Simple Secrets to Successful Workshops” which comes with this course…
7 Simple Secrets to Successful Workshops is a fabulous resource. I have avoided putting a workshop together for over two years, for fear of how to begin, how to put it together, how to be sure it lasts long enough, what to say, and how to not make a complete fool out of myself. After reading this ebook, I feel like I could put together a workshop that I would be proud of by this afternoon.
7 Simple Secrets To Successful Workshops makes it easy for coaches, trainers and facilitators who are new to developing and delivering workshops. I wish this material had been available when I began my own workshops, but this eBook reminds me to stick to the basics when developing new workshops.
About the satisfaction guarantee
If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with this training, simply email us with a request to refund/credit your credit card in the full amount and we will do so immediately. It’s our policy to do this and we honor this in every single case.
FacilitatorU.com Membership Option. Become a Premium member of FacilitatorU and register for this teleclass at half price in addition to a host of other items and benefits. An exceptional value. Click here for details.