This highly interactive workshop will help you become
powerful meeting leader
Based on the book, 12 Acts of Courage to Change Meetings for Good, this half-day event can be delivered live at your location or delivered via a multi-session webinar.
You may have tried to initiate improvements in meetings but you gave up because it was too much work, or you felt alone in your efforts. Maybe you decided that running meetings is the meeting leader’s responsibility and is not up to you. Or perhaps you were overcome with frustration, and simply unequipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to do anything. Yes, most meeting suck, and this presents you with an opportunity to transform them, and in the process, your group and your life.
But what can you do if you’re not in charge? This workshop also offers the knowledge, skills, and action steps you as a meeting participant can use to change meetings for good.
Quick but effective action steps you can take immediately to change the course of your next meeting, whether you’re the designated leader or not!
Strategies to shift your attitude so that your communication has greater impact.
Tools you need to become an empowered participant to pave the way for advancing your career.
- The State of Meetings
- Overview of Facilitation
- Workshop Objectives & Agenda
- Best Practices Activity
- Creating Meeting Context: Operating agreements & Parking Lot
- How to Minimize Meetings
- Key elements of Meeting Planning
- Adjust Your Attitude
- Set Receptive Tone
- Focus It: Be clear about what and how
- Say It: Have the courage to say it, to stay on task
- Contain It: Effective interventions. Dealing with Dominator
- It’s All Good: Mining conflict
- Facilitate It: Get Full Participation
- Deliver It: Decision-Making t0 Improve Meeting Outcomes
- Running Laser Meetings
- Integration and Close
Fees range from $1,500-$2,500 (plus expenses) based on number of attendees and degree of tailoring to specific needs. Contact us to discuss options for your organization.