Make the shift from teaching to Learning Facilitation. This course explores how to make the leap from conventional teaching approaches to a new perspective based on the learner and incorporating facilitation skills and philosophy into the learning environment.
Are you ready to learn the specific skills and tools needed to catapult your participants to a higher level of engaged and passionate learning?
- Are you stumped when it comes to engaging the people in your trainings?
- Are you wondering why your participants don’t want to get involved?
- Are you tired of trying to teach those who don’t want to learn?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you’re not alone! Delivering your message in a way that truly engages participants and leads to optimal learning is one of the biggest challenges faced by group facilitators.
A key is to shift from being a ‘teacher’ to a ‘co-creator’, empowering the group to learn in ways you could not have planned. Adults don’t want to be ‘taught’ anymore. They got enough of that in school. Become a Learning Facilitator is a 5-hourTeleClass series designed to help you make the leap from conventional teaching to the skills, attitudes, and practices necessary to create and facilitate a learning environment.
I became inspired and awakened to a new possibility. It’s a possibility that instead of being a teacher, I discovered that I am very passionate about facilitating learning. This is what I am fundamentally all about, and I was turned on by the conversation, the facilitation, the tools and the community of learners that were present. –Annie Hammond, Life Coach–
By the end of this course you will have:
- Enhanced your love of teaching and training
- Learned new ways to get your participants excited about learning again
- Learned to listen for, encourage, and nurture what’s important to participants
- Learned to package your material in a way that better relates to your participants
- Learned to connect with the group in a way that’s rewarding for you both
- Become a better listener and communicator
- Released the burden of trying to make learning happen
This teleclass not only delivered facilitation techniques and information, it also aroused in me a new awareness of why I want to teach, train, mentor, and facilitate. Steve taught us how to sow seeds in people’s hearts that can grow and sustain resourcefully and powerfully. The class has added a value to my coaching and my life. Thank you! –Bonnie Chan, Business Coach–
- Exploring the Landscape of Learning
- What is “Learning?” Who Learns? Who teaches?
- Review distinctions between Teaching, Training, Mentoring, Coaching, and Facilitating
- The Content/Process Paradox
- Changing the Paradigm
- Shift from Director to Guide
- “Ability to do” vs. Info delivery
- Shifts for students and for teachers
- Relating to shifts in worldviews
- From curriculum development to needs assessment
- Becoming a Learning Facilitator
- Core Values
- Inner Shifts Required
- Tools and Tactics
- Learning Models
- VAK Attack
- Learning Cycle
- Multiple Intelligences
- Habit Model
- Brain-Based Learning
- Communities of Practice
- KOLB Learning Cycle
- Instructional Events
- The Art of the Question
- Open Space Technology
Steve’s relaxed and personable style lend credence to his message. His delivery is strong and the materials that he has collected are an asset to be treasured by anyone who is in the business of training or making presentations. The classes were easy to attend and very thorough. Given a chance, I would like to do it again. –Robert Brannan, Eldercoach–
What the Training Includes
- MP3 audio of the 5-hour course
- Content rich 55-page Student Learning Guide
One-Day Live Version. Interested in a one-day “live” version of this class offered to your group? Contact us to discuss options.
This teleclass held my attention, kept me thinking, and gave me inspiring ideas and tools that I look forward to using in my next workshop. –Sherry Leblanc, Executive Life Coach–
The Learning Facilitator course gave me a new perspective in how I will approach my training. The idea of co-creating with my students is very energizing and I look forward to taking new risks in the future. –Marsha Benedetti, Education Resources Coordinator–
About the satisfaction guarantee
If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with this training, simply email us with a request to refund/credit your credit card in the full amount and we will do so immediately. It’s our policy to do this and we honor this in every single case.
FacilitatorU.com Membership Option. Become a Premium member of FacilitatorU and register for this teleclass at half price in addition to a host of other items and benefits. An exceptional value. Click here for details.