Understand how political, cultural, and sustainability issues affect teams, organizations, and their leaders with Hannah Wilder, PhD., Cross Cultural Executive Coach, Author, President of Advantara Executive Development Worldwide, Inc. and The Academic Global Executive Coach Training Institute
As companies move from national to global they are being called on to operate with new savvy in politically and culturally diverse contexts. They are also being watched by stakeholders, clients, and international business and political bodies for their record on corporate and environmental responsibility and sustainability. Consequently, as of 2002, 140 U.S. based Fortune 1,000 companies have established some form of sustainable business practices. 73% see sustainable practices important and are planning to develop some level of these practices in their businesses.
Increasingly, facilitators and coaches will be called upon to be familiar with and support business clients and colleagues in understanding the dynamic relationship between Politics (Power), Cultural Diversity, and Sustainability. A company’s reputation as a global citizen is having an increasing impact on its economic success as media, stakeholders, and clients watch for flexibility and sustainability.
In this one-hour interview, Hannah Wilder will share how political, cultural, and sustainability issues affect teams, organizations, and their leaders. Topics discussed include:
- What’s the link between political, cultural, and sustainability issues and why is this important to coaches and facilitators?
- “Political” has a lot of connotations, not all of them appealing, especially these days. What do you mean by the term” and how is it important for global executives and their teams?
- Explain the models and dynamics of “Power” and it’s implications for policy-making in organizations.
- What do you mean by the term sustainability and how does it apply to developing global leaders and managers?
- Expose the myth that embracing sustainable practices only pays off in the long-term.
- Explain the concept of the Triple Bottom Line: 1) Economic, 2) Social, and 3) Environmental.
- We are starting to hear a bit about intercultural coaching. What’s the relevance of this for developing global executives?
- What are the most common mistakes that global executives and coaches make with regard to cultural issues?
- Expose the myth regarding Women as leaders in the international arena, and their performance in top positions.
- So what do you recommend we do as coaches and facilitators to approach these issues with the leaders and organizations we work with?
- What kind of training or coaching is needed to play in this arena?
1.”International Affairs Resource Library. Links to over 2200 articles, including those on world religion, media.
2. 25 Articles on Global Leadership and Ethics.
- MP3 recording of interview
- Written notes summarizing the highlights
- Bonuses listed above
About Hannah. Hannah is President and CEO of the global executive coaching company, Advantara Leadership Development Worldwide and Founding Director of Academia Global Executive Coach Training Institute. With a background in global marketing and communications, Hannah has worked with executives and executive coaches in diverse functional areas in the private, public and non-profit sectors from over 45 countries in North America, East and West Europe, Africa, Latin America, and Asia. She enjoys a worldwide network of colleagues and clients and has developed a number of Executive Education Programs, including Coaching as a Function of Leadership ™, in its third year as a core part of an internal corporate leadership development program teaching coaching skills and providing coaching to rising executives and CEOs. She is a widely published author, keynote speaker, and frequent presenter on global executive coaching at conferences sponsored by Linkage, Inc., the Center for Creative Leadership, W.I.N., the National Leadership Institute, and the International Coach Federation, as well as many virtual organizations. Learn more about her work at Advantara.com.
Satisfaction Guarantee. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with this product, simply email us with a request to refund/credit your credit card in the full amount and we will do so immediately. It’s our policy to do this and we honor this in every single case.