A mounting body of evidence suggests that leaders with high Emotional Intelligence (EI) tend to outperform leaders with low EI in most leadership situations. There is also evidence that high levels of stress may reduce a leader’s ability to effectively perform his/her role as a leader. In fact, examples of leaders experiencing Catastrophic Leadership Failure abound. In this interview, we learn tips for recognizing stress, identifying key EI skills that have the biggest impact on reducing the negative impacts of stress, and improving facilitation and training to enhance the performance of your participants. Find out how Emotional Intelligence, stress management and successful facilitation skills can combine to form a three-legged stool to enhance your performance as a facilitator in this one-hour interview with Dr. Dick Thompson, Consultant, Trainer, Speaker, Author and Founder of High Performing Systems, Inc. Questions discussed include:
- What is EI and why are people so excited about it?
- What are the different EI models and how do you know which one to use?
- What are the requirements for using these instruments?
- What is the relationship between EI and successful facilitation?
- How can facilitators use EI to help participants improve performance?
- What is the relationship between EI and stress?
- How do you build an Emotionally Intelligent organization?
- How can you help participants (and yourself) enhance EI and reduce stress to help avoid Catastrophic Leadership Failure?
- MP3 recording of interview
- Written notes summarizing the highlights
Tapping into Emotional Intelligence Expert Interview
About Dr. Thompson. Henry L. (Dick) Thompson, Ph.D., M.S., M.A., is president and CEO of High Performing Systems, Inc., an international management consulting and training firm he founded in 1984 to help leaders, teams, and organizations achieve high performance. He is an internationally recognized consultant, educator, speaker, and author. Emotional intelligence, FIRO, and psychological type theory are integral parts of Dr. Thompson’s work and ongoing research. The CommunicationWheel® is just one of many useful tools he developed to facilitate the use of psychological type in organizations. He is a recipient of the Mary McCaulley Lifetime Achievement Award for work with the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® instrument.
Satisfaction Guarantee. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with this product, simply email us with a request to refund/credit your credit card in the full amount and we will do so immediately. It’s our policy to do this and we honor this in every single case.