If you’ve worked with groups for very long, you’ve run into the participant who knows it all and just can’t follow anyone else’s lead. There are effective ways to work with big egos without spoiling the party. Listen to this one-hour interview with Eileen Douse, Certified Master Facilitator, Speaker, Author and Founder of Human Dynamics.
- How do you know if there will be egos affecting your facilitation?
- What role should I take as a facilitator to work with participants whose destructive ego negatively impacts the group?
- What do you do when a person with a strong ego attacks someone who is meek and mild?
- Are there any activities that work well when you have a room with lots of egos?
- How do you get everyone to talk when the person with the ego is dominating the conversation?
- How can I prepare an agenda when the client wants something that would be a disaster and they won’t back down or negotiate on alternatives?
- Is there a specific facilitative style that is better to use when you have a room filled with egos?
- MP3 recording of interview
- Written notes summarizing the highlights
About Eileen. Dr. Eileen Dowse, CMF is an Organizational Psychologist specializing in organizational health and effectiveness through training, consulting, executive coaching and facilitation. She is president of Human Dynamics, a consulting company working in key industries including, high-tech, medical, non-profit and government agencies throughout North America, Europe and Asia. She fosters productive relationships for organizations and strengthens employee commitment to ensure greater levels of teamwork. As a recognized professional speaker, corporate educator, personal coach and award-winning author of “The Naked Manager, How to build open relationships at work”, her programs are thought-provoking, results-oriented, entertaining and inspirational. Clients seek out Eileen because she has mastered the art of identifying the root of organizational problems and has implemented strategies that allow leaders, teams, and entire organizations to become more effective. She is among the national leaders in facilitation. She is co-founder and board member for the National Institute for Facilitation and a Certified Master Facilitator.
Satisfaction Guarantee. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with this product, simply email us with a request to refund/credit your credit card in the full amount and we will do so immediately. It’s our policy to do this and we honor this in every single case.