Learn how to facilitate and harness the larger capacities of groups in this one-hour interview with Tom Atlee, author, democracy innovator, and founder of the Co-Intelligence Institute. We explore the concept of Collective Intelligence, the greater intelligence that’s at work when a whole group, organization, community or society addresses its. And look at facilitator interventions that can influence collective intelligence in groups and meetings. Topics discussed include:
- We’ve been hearing about collective intelligence, group mind, collective wisdom, collective consciousness, and so on. What is your sense of these phenomena and how do you distinguish between them?
- What factors or interventions do you find influence collective intelligence in groups and meetings?
- What are some of your favorite methods and processes for meetings and conferences — and why do you prefer them?
- You talk about “systemic societal intelligence” and “wise democracy.” What’s all that about?
- You seem to focus a lot on what you call citizen deliberative councils. What are they and why are they so central to your work?
- How do you see facilitators fitting into all this?
- Whose work do you find particularly exciting in this field?
- I know from your website that your consider collective intelligence part of a larger field you call co-intelligence. What’s the difference?
- What are the edges of your own thinking in this area? What inquiries are alive for you right now?
1.Where Is Your Group Intelligence? Essay by Rick Dove, Paradigm Shift International, exploring where intelligence and culture reside in your organization.
2. Collective Intelligence Mankind’s Emerging World in Cyberspace. An important contribution exploring the impact of computers on society and culture.
- MP3 recording of interview
- Written notes summarizing the highlights
- Bonuses listed above
About Tom: Tom Atlee is founder and co-director of the non-profit Co-Intelligence Institute. Recently his work has focused on developing our capacity to function as a wise democracy, so we can turn our social and environmental challenges into positive developments for our society. His social change vision is based on new understandings of wholeness which recognize the value of diversity, unity, relationship, context, uniqueness and the spirit inside each of us and the world. Co-intelligence theory also acknowledges many facets of intelligence (like head and heart), wisdom, and the higher forms of intelligence (natural and sacred) that move through and beyond us. Although Tom and the Institute focus on very practical issues of group, social and political dynamics, co-intelligence has many esoteric dimensions as well.
Satisfaction Guarantee. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with this product, simply email us with a request to refund/credit your credit card in the full amount and we will do so immediately. It’s our policy to do this and we honor this in every single case.
FacilitatorU.com Membership Option. Become a FacilitatorU Member and receive this product for free in addition to a host of other items and benefits. An exceptional value. Click here for details.