IQ and EQ (Emotional Intelligence) are necessary but not sufficient to deal with the society and business world in which we live. Increasingly CQ determines who ‘thrives and who dives. Listen to this one-hour interview with Stephen James Joyce, Author of Teaching an Anthill to Fetch: Developing Collaborative Intelligence at Work.
For over a quarter of a century Stephen has been researching the dynamics of change, problem resolution, group dynamics, and his greatest passion: collaborative intelligence. Extensively trained in NLP, facilitation, improv, and group dynamic techniques, Stephen engages his audiences in carefully customized and ‘one-off’ events that bring each participant deeply into the topic. His mantra for facilitating the learning experience is that ‘skill is only a rumor until it reaches a muscle’. In this interview we discuss the following questions:
- Why is CQ (collaborative intelligence) just as valuable as IQ and EQ?
- In your book, Teaching an Anthill to Fetch, you speak about ants, baboons and bacteria teaching us about collaborative intelligence (CQ). Can you elaborate on this?
- What does treating people fairly and employee motivation have to do with CQ?
- How can we install a powerful sense of purpose into teams and organizations?
- In your book, Teaching Anthill to Fetch, you speak of Ants as being hardwired to serve and by doing so they ensure their survival. Share with us your views on human hardwiring?
- Tell us about this capacity to harness intelligence, how does it work?
- How do we break free from the hardwiring?
- What has been your biggest challenge with groups?
- How did you manage/overcome the challenge?
- What is your secret to harnessing collaborative intelligence?
- Can you give us an example of how you have overcome resistance in groups towards collaboration?
- How can we as facilitators hone in on the collaborative intelligence?
- MP3 recording of interview
- Written notes summarizing the highlights
About Stephen James Joyce. An accomplished author, speaker and business consultant Stephen has been consulting for over ten years in; health care, pharmaceuticals, non-profit, professional associations, education, and government. He is the founder and principle of Zenergy PD and acts as the resilience content expert for one of Canada’s largest health authorities. Just as importantly for Stephen is that he is a father and husband and an active participant in his community. Stephen serves on several boards associated with socio economic development and is a staunch advocate of the triple bottom line as a path towards a sustainable society. Stephen’s office is in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. You can visit him at StephenJamesJoyce.com.
Satisfaction Guarantee. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with this product, simply email us with a request to refund/credit your credit card in the full amount and we will do so immediately. It’s our policy to do this and we honor this in every single case.