The building of a business is the successful completion of one project after another. Join Michael Port, author, speaker, and trainer for this one-hour interview where we’ll discuss seven simple rules t0 help you create circumstances, for yourself and for your clients, for navigating to remarkable projects. The 7 rules are:
- Bring your passion to the project. When creating something new, we’re faced with problems, seeming insurmountable barriers and circumstances that are out of our control. During these times, our passion and personal investment in the project is what carries us through to completion. How do you facilitate passion for your project?
- Work with others. At the earliest possible moment you’ve got to bring people in as you are developing the project. If you work with others… you will wind up with something far greater than you could alone. If this is a tough one ask yourself whether you are committed to having something truly great or just getting it your way? Who do you want to work with on your next project?
- Call on your talents. Your work on a project is a way to showcase your talents. When you utilize your talents, the quality of the product really shines through. If you really want to create remarkable projects, work from your talents and your passion will shine through. What talents are you ready to showcase?
- Develop habits of fulfilling commitments. Progress depends on the successful completion of promises. Create a routine that is appropriate for the project that has people coming together making promises to each other. The work that I promise to complete today allows you to start your task tomorrow. The downfall of not doing this is one breakdown after another. What will you commit to today and what do you promise to deliver?
- Tightly couple learning with action. One of the things that keeps people from getting on with their projects is that they think they need to know something before they start, instead of learning in action. The future belongs to the learner not the learned. What do you want to learn?
- Have clear intentions. As the saying goes, if you don’t know where you’re going, any road will take you there. The same thing applies to producing projects. In order to have clear outcomes you need to have clear intentions about what you want to accomplish. What do you intend to create?
- Have a compelling story for you product. Projects never go the way you expect they are going to go! Keeping your passion and your focus depends on telling and re-telling the story of your project, and why it matters to you and others. On a grander scale it is your vision and purpose rolled into one. It will become increasingly important as you face problems, setbacks or any type of project breakdown. Story telling is a tool of leadership, and the way you engage others in your project. It’s the way you maintain your mood when things go wrong. Being able to articulate and rearticulate the story of the project is essential. What’s your story?
1.Why Managers Need Management Training. Article by Steven Lesser that explores and distinguishes the skills needed by managers and opposed to leaders. Directors and Managers of the future will no longer be able to rely solely on their technical expertise to show their value. They must be able to provide more than knowledge. They must be both willing and able to play a variety of roles within an organization, regularly and effectively.
2. Basic Guidelines for a Successful Planning Process. Excellent article by Carter McNamara that includes simple guidelines for creating effective project plans, including a discussion of key elements of a plan, an overview of typical planning processes, and guidelines to assure successful planning and implementation.
3. Overview of Various Strategic Planning Models. Another article by Carter McNamara that summarizes the following strategic planning models, Basic, Issue or Goal-Based, Alignment Model, Scenario Planning, and Organic (Self-Organizing).
- MP3 recording of interview
- Written notes summarizing the highlights
- Bonuses listed above
About Michael. Michael is the Leader of The Think Big Revolution and an internationally known marketing and business development expert for the entrepreneur. He’s the author of the best-selling Book Yourself Solid, The 7 Key’s To Getting More Clients Than You Can Handle and the co-founder of The Product Factory: 90 days to an information product or program. Michael is a highly sought after professional speaker and invites you to visit him at MichaelPort.com. If you do, you’re guaranteed to think bigger about who you are and what you offer the world.
Satisfaction Guarantee. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with this product, simply email us with a request to refund/credit your credit card in the full amount and we will do so immediately. It’s our policy to do this and we honor this in every single case.