As teachers and trainers, you’ve probably noticed that people really learn better through experience than by simply listening to talk about theory or practice. For almost any situation, you can develop an experience to either instruct or model the learning you’re trying to facilitate.
A learning facilitation model I’ve used consistently is one called the Kolb Learning Cycle. I find this cycle very useful in the design and presentation of my trainings, both F2F and virtual. It starts by providing an experience, the processing of which can elicit learning on all levels–physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual–and automatically accommodates the different perceptual and processing styles without having to perform any up front assessments.
What to expect during this session
This concise, one-hour pre-recorded module offers you the opportunity to experience an Kolb Learning Cycle, the theory behind it, and the procedures for effectively setting up and facilitating this cycle yourself.
This succinct one-hour laser session will cover…
- Benefits of the Kolb Learning Cycle
- Kolb Learning Cycle Theory
- Activity Preparation. Learn what needs to be done before the activity to ensure that it comes off smoothly.
- Experience an Activity. Listen to a group activity using the Kolb Learning Cycle.
- Large Group Debrief. We’ll discuss and explore how each element of the cycle is applied.
- Lessons Learned. Review the lessons learned from the module and hear answers to questions posed by previous participants.
What comes with this module…
- PPT slides used during the presentation
- MP3 audio recording of the webinar
FacilitatorU.com Membership Option. Become a Premium Member of FacilitatorU.com and receive this item at a discount along with a host of other items and benefits. An exceptional value. Click here for details.
About the satisfaction guarantee
If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with this training, simply email us with a request to refund/credit your credit card in the full amount and we will do so immediately. It’s our policy to do this and we honor this in every single case.