Would you be a more effective facilitator or leader with a more solid base of conflict resolution skills under your belt?
All organizations and relationships encounter conflict. It’s what we do with it that makes all the difference in the world.
Remove the fear and uncertainty in working with conflict in groups and organizations in this 5-hourteleclass series: Transforming Conflict in the Workplace, led by a 25-year expert in the fields of facilitation and mediation, Harry Webne-Behrman.
- Did you know that everyone has a unique style and response to conflict? Knowing your styles and response is critical to effective conflict resolution.
- Do you feel comfortable modeling effective conflict resolution skills as a facilitator? This is one of the best ways to prevent conflict from escalating.
- Did you know that 80% of effective conflict management consists of effective interpersonal communication? Knowing how to facilitate this kind of communication is key to mining the positive energy of conflict.
- Do you know what it takes to establish conflict resolution and staff facilitation programs within organizations? This knowledge is in growing demand for facilitators, coaches, and consultants.
In this class you will learn conflict resolution skills for facilitative leaders by exploring and evaluating your own styles and personal responses conflict, learning and practicing conflict resolution strategies in the context of group facilitation, and exploring how you can implement conflict resolution and staff facilitation programs within organizations. By the end of the 5 hours, you will:
- Know your own conflict resolution style and response to conflict
- Be able to employ effective conflict resolution strategies with any group
- Understand how to deal with impasse in groups
- Be able to recognize others conflict styles and responses
- Have more confidence in dealing with conflict in groups and organizations
- Know the keys to implementing conflict resolution and staff facilitation programs within organizations
- And much more
- Components of a Comprehensive Conflict Resolution Program
- The nine keys to designing and implementing an integrated conflict resolution program in your organization
- Core strategies for facilitating effective responses to conflict so that all staff are invested in success
- Communication Skills and Strategies, The Heart of Conflict Resolution
- The three primary communication styles and their conflict style counterparts
- Four key communication skills you need to effectively manage conflict
- How to model these skills at critical points of conflict within groups
- Two key strategies to managing your own defensive responses to conflicts that arise
- Four ways to encourage assertive communication among group members to prevent conflict from escalating
- Three keys to working with disagreement that will prevent conflict from occurring
- A six step model to assure the success of any negotiation.
- 10 Strategies for Managing Impasse.
- 8 Special Considerations for Managing Multi-Party Disputes.
- Five types of power essential to identify to facilitate conflict management.
- Synthesis: Designing Staff Facilitation/ Mediation Systems to Transform Conflict in the Workplace
- Building the foundation of a staff facilitation program
- Keys to the design and implementation a collaborative dispute settlement system
- Key steps to starting your conflict mediation program or reviving a failed one
- Individual Coaching and Q&A
What’s included with your training
1. MP3 recording of the 5-hour course
2. Course guidebook
3. Access to the conflict resolution website established through the joint efforts of the Office of Human Resource Development and Office of Quality Improvement at UW-Madison. Use it as a resource to enhance your skills in conflict resolution and management.
About the satisfaction guarantee. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with this training, simply email us with a request to refund/credit your credit card in the full amount and we will do so immediately. It’s our policy to do this and we honor this in every single case.
FacilitatorU.com Membership Option. Become a Premium Member of FacilitatorU.com and receive this teleclass and all live and self-guided teleclasses offered by FacilitatorU at half price, in addition to a host of other items and benefits. An exceptional value. Click here for details.
About Harry Webne-Behrman. Harry Webne-Behrman has served as a facilitator and mediator for over 25 years. Along with his wife, Lisa Webne-Behrman, he is a Senior Partner of Collaborative Initiative, Inc., a private consulting and mediation firm based in Madison, Wisconsin. Harry has worked with hundreds of businesses, schools, community groups and public agencies, and he maintains tremendous enthusiasm about the importance of learning to work collaboratively to build positive work environments. Harry also works with the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s Office of Human Resource Development, coordinating and teaching professional development programs and courses on conflict management, communication skills, facilitation skills, managerial mediation and other areas. In November 2006, Harry received the Wisconsin Association of Mediators Distinguished Service Award in recognition of his extensive contributions to the field. He is the author of The Practice of Facilitation (1998), Guardian of the Process (1994), and co-author of the Working It Out Series in peer mediation and conflict resolution education in schools.