Learn keys to marketing and pricing facilitation services, tips on selling outcomes versus activities, and ways to make a good life and a good living with Bev Lutz and Cheryl Kartes, Facilitators, Trainers, and Consultants. Topics discussed include:
- What it takes for a Facilitator to be successful in private practice.
- The 3 keys for successfully marketing Facilitation?
- The typical angles facilitators employ in their marketing.
- The 8 biggest mistakes Facilitators make in trying to sell themselves.
- Common marketing and promotional wisdom that works best for building your business as a facilitator.
- 8 tips on the pricing of facilitation services.
- “Value-Based Pricing” and how it differs from typical pricing strategies.
- Ways facilitators can use to form strategic alliances to increase their chances of success.
Thank you for this tele-class. It refreshed several important keys to business and pricing and brought up many others that will help me to be more successful in my business. And the class notes are terrific!
–Christopher Haydock, PhD.–
1.Benchmarks of Facilitator Success. Article by Cheryl Kartes that speaks to expanded definitions of success and includes summarized results of a survey conducted with 116 facilitators looking at their practices in terms of variables such as income, rates, leisure time, work hours, satisfaction, work/life balance, etc.
2. Business of Facilitation Survey. View the results of the survey mentioned above–116 facilitators answers to 15 questions about their business and lifestyle including 97 ideas they offered to improve their ratings.
3.Strategic Marketing For Professionals. This collection of five articles provides an overview of marketing for professionals who provides intangible services. These articles offer ideas that help you design the strategy for your business. Use them to lay a foundation for your marketing effort, to provide an infusion of ideas and energy, or to get a few new hints that will provide a big payoff.
4. Business Building Resource List. 25 books and websites found useful by Bev and Cheryl for business building from an authentic perspective.
I found the session to be very informative and it gave me some needed focus for where I am heading.
–Marc Bowles, Trainer–
- MP3 recording of interview
- Written notes summarizing the highlights
- Bonuses listed above
Bev Lutz, MCC, MBA, CPCC is the cofounder of three businesses: The Legacy Center: preserving stories, values and meaning; Lighthouse Group and Associates; and Two Heads are Better(tm) – helping bright people with just-in-time unsticking when their natural creativity is stuck. A Master Certified Coach, member of the International Association of Facilitators, the International Coach Federation, former steering committee member of the Minnesota Facilitators Network, and volunteer for the Peace Foundation, Bev also co-leads the Professional Development Team of the Minnesota Coaches Association. She’s been privileged to co-facilitate sessions of The Business of Facilitation at four international conferences and several local showcases. And she’s grateful for the wisdom and growth garnered from relationships with organizations such as Honeywell, the American Academy of Neurologists, Kroll/Ontrack, ACA International, numerous impassioned individuals and four very wise cats.
Cheryl Kartes provides facilitation, graphic recording, consulting, training, and mediation services. She has specialized in the human side of teamwork, using creative, participatory and experiential methods. Clients include nonprofit, government and business sectors, locally and nationally. Since 1994, she has been associated with the Institute of Cultural Affairs as a trainer of Technology of Participation® courses, currently as a “mentor” trainer. Kartes is a co-founding member of the Minnesota Facilitators Network.
Satisfaction Guarantee. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with this product, simply email us with a request to refund/credit your credit card in the full amount and we will do so immediately. It’s our policy to do this and we honor this in every single case.