Learn specific strategies to build curiosity, commitment and collaboration in groups in this one-hour interview featuring Susan Wilson, Facilitator, Speaker, Author and Founder of Executive Strategies, Inc. Questions discussed include:
- How do you deal with the participant who have all the answers?
- How do you handle participants who continue side conversations and disrupt the flow?
- How do you deal with group members who don’t believe in the team process, but who remain on the team?
- How do you shift a group who’s settled for the status quo and just tell you, “Well that’s just the way things are,” or “That’s just the way he is”?
- How do you handle group members who sabotage the good work done by others through bad mouthing and other negative behaviors?
- What do you do with team members who don’t prepare before meetings?
- How do you assure that participants take away something of value from each meeting?
- How do you handle participants with personal and/or political agendas who have no intention of shifting their ground for the greater good of the group?
Steve, I have just gotten around to listen to your tele-seminar with Susan Wilson. It is fantastic! A really great “living” example of facilitation. The notes are great and I loved the fact that Susan’s “tips” were based on experience, not theory!
–Elaine Wylie, Coach/Trainer–
I REALLY enjoyed this teleclass. Susan, you are so clear in your approach to meeting facilitation and seem to have encountered just about every situation possible! You seem to role model best practice in your discussions of how to handle difficult situations and you have many creative and innovative ideas to connect with your group and then assist them in achieving their goals. Thanks for a great class!
–Judy Knight, Thumbprint Coaching
1.GOMO® Audit. Get Over it and Move On (GOMO) is a proven 5-step system for acknowledging the issues that create obstacles in our lives…and for overcoming them!
2. Great Meeting Quiz. Do your meetings leave you fully satisfied or are you starving for results? Offer this brief quiz to your clients to help them discover the changes that need to be made to make their meetings more appetizing (and effective)!
3. Random Acts of Facilitation Wallet Card. This handy little tidbit is the size of a business card and lists 25 Random Acts of Facilitation anyone can commit to further the results of a group. Great little resource to have handy at meetings.
4. Icebreakers. Three nice icebreakers exercises with a dozen or so variations that can be used to start a variety of meetings.
I thought the interview this morning was outstanding. An hour well spent. Susan did a great job sharing experiences, weaving some story telling in with her learnings. I would highly recommend it to others.
–Sandy Brown, Intel–
- MP3 recording of interview
- Written notes summarizing the highlights
- Bonuses listed above
About Susan. Susan B. Wilson, MBA, CSP is famous for being FAST. No, she’s not an Olympic runner or NASCAR driver. She speeds your goal achievement by F.A.S.T. work as a Facilitator, Author, Speaker & Trusted Thinker. Susan is the author of several books including: Gourmet Meetings on a Microwave Schedule, Goal Setting, Your Intelligent Heart, Facilitate to Invigorate, and Speaking Success at The Speed of Sound, and contributed to Chicken Soup for the Woman’s Soul,” and Magnetic Leadership. Susan is the owner and lead facilitator of Executive Strategies, Inc., a firm that specializes in providing specific creative strategies that motivate people to accomplish extraordinary goals. She is also the president of Fast Team Solutions, providing valuable products and resources for teams in the areas of meetings management, team building, facilitation, strategic planning, and conflict resolution. Visit GetOverItMoveOn.com
Satisfaction Guarantee. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with this product, simply email us with a request to refund/credit your credit card in the full amount and we will do so immediately. It’s our policy to do this and we honor this in every single case.