Learn how to Design Winning Workshops and Seminars that Inspire and Engage Your Audience in this one-hour interview with Marg Wall. Questions explored include:
- How to come up with content for your workshops and to decide how much to include.
- How to balance content with process in the design of your workshops.
- How to manage the timing of content delivery so that you don’t have too much or too little.
- The specific preparation you must do with your client as part of the workshop design process.
- How to select the most appropriate teaching methods for the content you plan to deliver.
- How to manage the emotional layer in the design of a workshop.
- Ways trainers can improve their workshops so that the participants are more engaged.
- The difference between performance outcomes and learning objectives.
- Advice on pacing and order of activities and how they integrate with the session flow.
- Tips on designing workshops with multiple facilitators.
I just want to let you know how much I enjoyed Designing Winning Workshops; I use it all the time. Marg Wall is excellent and she teaches the way I love to learn.
–Francine Provost, Trainer& Consultant–
1.Instructional Design Checklist. Use this nifty checklist to guide the design of every workshop you conduct. Make workshop design easier, and save yourself the problems that come from omitting crucial elements.
2. Workshop Design Proficiencies Self-Assessment. This tool will help you to improve your workshop design process. Use it to review your ability to analyze subject matter, use appropriate instructional techniques, understand the adult learner, and implement instructional design tasks.
3. Article, “Secrets from the Pros: 5 Master Presenters Share Their Top Techniques.” What do these people know about presenting that you don’t? Not much — yet each has developed a personal cache of secret strategies and techniques that have helped them become the successful presenters they are today. How did they develop these techniques and what can you learn from them? Read their stories and find out.
4. Training Revolution Lexicon Dictionary
5. Training Terms Dictionary
- MP3 recording of interview
- Written notes summarizing the highlights
- Bonuses listed above
About Marg. Margaret E. Wall, BA, M.Ed. is an adult educator and learning specialist with over 14 years experience in training and employee development. She formed Integrated Learning Solutions in 1999 and has been providing instructional design, career coaching, leadership development, facilitation, and assessment services to both public and private sector clients. Marg has designed and facilitated workshops and courses for face-to-face, teleclass, web-based and blended learning environments. Marg is well known for her supportive and collaborative style, her ability to conceptualize and develop complex and challenging learning programs, as well as her ability to mentor and inspire others to achieve their creative potential. Marg lives, learns and works in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada.
Satisfaction Guarantee. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with this product, simply email us with a request to refund/credit your credit card in the full amount and we will do so immediately. It’s our policy to do this and we honor this in every single case.