Learn a transformative approach to working with resistance in this one-hour interview with Alyce Barry, Certified Shadow Work Group Facilitator and Coach. Why do we resist change? There is a part of the self whose job it is to resist, and it’s resisting for good reasons. You can learn to address that part of a person who’s resisting and get it working for you rather than against you. Honoring resistance can help move your group forward. Topics discussed include:
- Why people resist change.
- Why resistance is a good strategy.
- How to get resistance working for you instead of against you.
- Five kinds of resistance, and how to disarm them.
- How to create safety and trust in your groups.
- How to empathize with a group member even when they are criticizing or attacking you.
1. Illustrated Shadow Work Model.
2. Article: “Five Kinds of Resistance and How to Disarm Them”
3. Article “Two More Responses to Fear in Your Groups.”
- MP3 recording of interview
- Written notes summarizing the highlights
- Bonuses listed above
About Alyce. Alyce Barry has been fascinated all her life with the question, “Why do people do the things they do?” She studied psychology, got a degree in philosophy, read the usual self-help books and even saw a therapist from time to time. She first encountered Shadow Work in 1995 while doing research for its website and came home telling friends that, if it weren’t such a cliché, she would say it had changed her life. She completed the five-year training process in 2001 and is certified as both group facilitator and individual coach. She has led weekend seminars, facilitator trainings, and a variety of other group events. Her coaching practice includes in-person and phone clients. A writer for more than 30 years, she is currently finishing a book about Shadow Work. Visit her at www.AlyceBarry.com, where free exercises will give you a taste of Shadow Work Coaching. Shadow Work is a unique set of tools for personal growth, based on Jungian psychology. It helps people transform their lives through the discovery and re-integration of the disowned, repressed parts of themselves (their “shadow”). For more information, visit www.ShadowWork.com.
Satisfaction Guarantee. If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with this product, simply email us with a request to refund/credit your credit card in the full amount and we will do so immediately. It’s our policy to do this and we honor this in every single case.