Includes a New Fractal Facilitation Model
Have you considered offering a teleclass
as a more efficient way to deliver training, enhance group learning and generate more income for your business?
Or, are you working with a distributed team
that requires you to design and facilitate virtual meetings?
Forget about your typical webinar that puts everyone to sleep. Get people engaged and excited about participating and moving their goals forward without leaving their office.
When done right, Teleclasses and Virtual Meetings (T/VM) are very effective and inexpensive ways to train, collaborate, and problem-solve. But if they aren’t effectively facilitated, T/VM’s can be a boring waste of time!
Remove the fear and uncertainty of teleclass/virtual meeting design and facilitation with the guidebook that accompanies the 5-day teleclass series: Leading at a Distance: The Essentials of Teleclass & Virtual Meeting Facilitation, led by Steve Davis, Founder of FacilitatorU.com.
This downloadable ebook covers all the elements of T/VM facilitation using a simple, well-organized, and proven experiential approach. This book is for anyone who would like to facilitate, manage, teach, mediate, coach, counsel, or direct any group using teleconferences in their business.
Learn how to design and run a T/VM that will maximize the use of your group’s time and energy. In this book, we address:
- The full spectrum of skills needed to effectively design and facilitate a Teleclass/Virtual Meeting (T/VM) for a wide range of purposes.
- How to balance interactivity with meeting purpose.
- The 10 modes of delivering learning and information in a virtual environment.
- Learn Critical Strategies to making your T/VM’s come alive including:
- The 9 Keys to the Inner Game of T/VM Facilitation.
- The 9 Key Facilitator Skills
- The 9 Keys to Building Community Virtually
- The 9 Keys to Facilitating Group Results
- An abundance of logistical and technical resources to support the preparation, process, and progress of your T/VM’s
- And much more..
CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION
- WHAT THIS BOOK HAS TO OFFER
- BENEFITS AND LIMITATIONS
- Virtual Meeting Benefits
- Virtual Meeting Limitations
- A MAP OF THE TERRAIN
- The Three P’s
- An Integral Process
- A Four Dimensional Facilitation Process
- The T/VM Triads
CHAPTER 2: T/VM DESIGN AND PREPARATION
- TUNE IN TO YOUR CUSTOMER
- CLARIFY EXPECTATIONS AND OBJECTIVES
- Use Pre-Event Surveys
- Start Each Meeting with a Review of Objectives
- Check in With Your Participants
- T/VM STRUCTURE
- T/VM Format
- T/VM Composition
- T/VM CONTEXT
- Record Group Memory
- Review Objectives and Agenda
- Participant Introductions
- Review Meeting Process
- Review Meeting Logistics
- Develop Operating Agreements
- Encourage Full Participation
CHAPTER 3: SELF-AWARENESS…Nine Keys to the Inner Game
- Free of Time
- Free to Choose
- Free of the Past
- Forgive and Forget Yourself
- Forgive Your Judgments
- Forgive Mistakes
- Flex Your Attention
- Flex Your Intention
- Flex Your Approach
CHAPTER 4: TASK MANAGEMENT…Nine Key Facilitator Skills
- BE TRANSPARENT
- Share What You See
- Share With Gusto
- Share Lots, Hear Not
- BE TUNED IN TO YOUR GROUP
- Tune in to What They’re Saying
- Tune In To Their Interests
- Tune In To Possibility
- BE TASK FOCUSED
- Focus On Track
- Focus On Progress
- Focus, But Not Too Much
CHAPTER 5: FACILITATING GROUP AWARENESS…Nine Keys to Building Community
- Be Yourself
- Be Vulnerable
- Be Honest
- Be Curious
- Be Open
- Be Interactive
- Be Unbiased
- Be Respectful
- Be Compassionate
CHAPTER 6: GROUP MANAGEMENT…Nine Keys to Facilitating Group Results
- Structure Experience
- Structure Delivery
- Structure Direction
- Embrace Participation
- Embrace Surprises
- Embrace Connections
- To Discovering Content
- To Flowing With the Group
- To Yourself
CHAPTER 7: FACILITATING BREAKOUT SESSIONS
- THE BENEFITS OF VIRTUAL BREAKOUT SESSIONS
- BREAKOUT ACTIVITY DESIGN
- EFFECTIVELY DEBRIEFING BREAKOUT ACTIVITIES
- SUCCESS FACTORS FOR BREAKOUT GROUPS
- Effectively Initiating Breakout Sessions
- Breakout Timing and Frequency
- Selecting Group Size
- Capturing Key Points
CHAPTER 8: TV/M LOGISTICS
- MAINTAINING MOMENTUM ONLINE AND OFFLINE
- Call to Action
- TECHNICAL ASPECTS
- Acquiring a bridge line
- Dealing with technical difficulties
- Adding Audio to Your Website
- Get into Action
CHAPTER 9: RESOURCES
- WEB RESOURCES
- T/VM DESIGN AND EXECUTION CHECKLIST
- TELECLASS DESIGN GUIDE
- TELECLASS WELCOME EMAIL
- TELECLASS INTRUCTIONS
- Basic Instructions
- If Something Goes Wrong
- Telebridge Tidbits for a Successful Call
- TELECLASS REMINDER EMAIL
- FOLLOW UP AND EVALUATION EMAIL
- TOOL: VOICE MIRROR
- The Key to Focused Listening and a Quiet, Attentive Mind
- Voice Mirror Application: Being Fully Present
- WAYS TO GET FULL PARTICIPATION IN SPECIFIC SITUATIONS
- FULL PARTICIPATION INVENTORY
CHAPTER 10: WHAT’S NEXT?
- LET ME KNOW HOW YOU’RE DOING
- FURTHER SUPPORT
“Leading at a Distance: The Essentials of Teleclass & Virtual Meeting Facilitation” Guidebook. This 124-page guidebook is packed with all you need to know to design, facilitate, and deliver effective T/VM’s. Comes complete with a number of checklists, templates, and forms for designing, delivering, and managing your T/VM.
Leading at a Distance: The Essentials of Teleclass & Virtual Meeting Facilitation” 5-hour self-guided teleclass with the workbook above. Click here for details.
Three free tools for instructional design:
- Instructional Design Checklist.
- Workshop Design Proficiencies Self-Assessment.
- Article, “Secrets from the Pros: 5 Master Presenters Share Their Top Techniques.”
Our price for this guidebook is only $49 including. And, we offer a 100%-satisfaction-guaranteed guarantee.
About the satisfaction guarantee
If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with this training, simply email us with a request to refund/credit your credit card in the full amount and we will do so immediately. It’s our policy to do this and we honor this in every single case.